• Simple ON/OFF control requires no loop compensation
• A selectable current limit via the value of the BP/M capacitor
• A higher current limit increases maximum continuous power or peak power in open frame applications.
• Lower current limit increases effectiveness in enclosed chargers
• Enables the best TinySwitch-III selection by switching out devices without requiring a circuit redesign.
• Low I2F parameter tolerance lowers system expense
• Increases the power supply from magnetics and MOSFETs
• Reduces cost of transformer, primary clamp, and secondary components by minimising maximum overload power.
• Low line regulation range/hold-up time is extended with ON-time extension to decrease input bulk capacitance.
• Self-biased: no bias components or windings
• EMI filter prices are decreased via frequency jittering.
• Heatsinking to the PCB is made simpler by pin-out
• Electrically quiet SOURCE pins for reduced EMI
• Chargers and adapters for MP3/portable music players, electric shavers, digital cameras, PDAs, mobile and cordless phones, etc.
• PC Standby and other supplemental materials
• Low power set top decoders for DVD/PVR and other media
• Materials for industrial systems, metres, and other equipment.
A 700 V power MOSFET, oscillator, high-voltage switched current source, current limit (user selected), and thermal shutdown circuitry are all included in TinySwitch-III. The IC series offers a design-flexible solution with a low system cost and increased power capabilities. It also employs an ON/OFF control method.
A power supply controller and a high-voltage power MOSFET switch are both included in the TinySwitch-III. It employs a straightforward ON/OFF control to govern the output voltage, in contrast to traditional PWM (pulse width modulator) controllers.
The controller consists of a current limit state machine, a 5.85 V regulator, a BYPASS/ MULTI-FUNCTION pin under voltage, overvoltage circuit, and current limit selection circuitry, as well as an oscillator, enable circuit (sense and logic), over-temperature protection, a current limit circuit, leading edge blanking, and a 700 V power MOSFET. Additional circuitry for line under voltage sensing, auto-restart, adaptive switching cycle on-time extension, and frequency jitter is included in TinySwitch-III.